ECG-Excellence standardizes the clinical output of the 12 lead Electrocardiogram!
- Always accurate, consistent and reproducible
- Full clinical value for both cardiac rhythm and ECG morphology analysis
- Patient gender and diseases specific ECG electrode configurations
- Finally 12 lead ECG data can be used in machine learning and AI
INTRODUCING A NEW TECHNOLOGY TO INCREASE THE DIAGNOSTIC AND PROGNOSTIC VALUE OF THE ELECTROCARDIOGRAM
- early detection of cardiac disorders related to ECG morphology analysis (no need to wait for echocardiography results)
- identifying impact of medication, sports and cardiac therapy through comparing a person's ECG over time
- enabling inverse modelling and vectorcardiography analysis to deliver deep insights in your heart performance
* Winner machine demo competition at WebSummit 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal
* Selected in startup team Holland Pavilion, CES 2019, Las Vegas, USA
* Selected as participant of Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2019 in The Haque on June 3-5 , 2019
* ECG-Excellence is the winner of the Health Valley pitch competition.
* Participant global meetup finale of Get in the Ring, Berlin on June 17-19
* Participant Health plus Care Exhibition, June 26-27 at London Exel
Heart related diseases are one of the most frequent causes of unexpected health problems. The electrocardiogram (ECG), invented 100 years ago by Dutchman Willem Einthoven, helps to find causes for cardiac symptoms. HOwever over the past century the clinical output of the ECG has not yet reached standardisation. Variability in electrode placement, diferences in heart position/orientation within the Torso and difference in conductivity of the tissues within the Torso (blood, muscle, veins, lungs, etc) add up to variability in ECG output.
This especially hinders effective evaluation of the ECG wave patterns (the ECG morphology). For instance not applying the recommended electrode positions on the torso impacts the output data and wave patterns recorded. Cardiologists can not identify the difference between such a misplacement and a cardiac disorder in an early stage. THe result is postponement of the evaluation. In real life wait until the patient comes back with symptoms which are visible through other diagnostics instruments such as an echo (ultra sound) system. Since the electrical activation system of the human heart is most often the first indicator of a rising problem, waiting until the problem is mechanical and visible by echo result in late diagnosis and higher costs (in money and lives). ECG-Excellence, following the Dutch scientist, now introduces ECG 2.0, a new technology ensuring a standardized output from the ECG recording. ECG-Excellence triples the clinical value of the ECG!
Today ECG diagnostics is most and for all heart rhythm analysis. This type of analysis only looks at the intervals between peaks in the heart rhythm. Additional clinical insights can be found in analysis of the wave patterns in depth. The wave pattern details indicate the level of polarization and depolarization of the 2 billion heart cells, indicate how the electric currents distribute across the heart tissue and provides inside in the level of synchronisation of chambers and valves. However, getting clinical value from analysing the wave patterns requires skills, experience and accuracy. And the latter is the weakest link in the measurement system. The key to the improvement of wave pattern analysis is reducing the impact of variability in electrode placement. A small difference in an electrode location on the human torso results in a significant change in recorded wave patterns. And this happens too often: in 50% (male) or 80% (female) ECG recordings one or more electrodes are not placed on the required locations. Cardiologists, lacking data on the electrode position, alas cannot evaluate the subtle pattern abnormalities in the ECG morphology. Result: Late diagnosis and/or late detection of disease only after symptoms are felt by the patient. And, given the variability no ECG comparision on a personal level is possible, hindering the option for tracking changes through time.
ECG-Excellence provides ECG data output standardization through multiple approaches. ECG-Excellence
combines standard 12 lead ECG recording with 3D imaging and novel ECG-Excellence
algorithms. The system uses torso characteristics to incorporate patient specific electrode positions in the recording proces. The system allows for using gender or diseases specific electrode configurations. This increases the diagnostic value of the recording. The system shows the nurse where to put the electrodes and checks the actual position versus the recommended position. We use 3D camera's to register the actual positions of the electrodes and our software uses the data to ensure the accuracy of the ECG output. First pilot tests have been executed by the ECG-Excellence
team and show early identification of cardiac problems is possible and delivers yet unlocked clinical value. Achieved accuracy and consistency of the ECG-Excellence
hard- and software enables the medical professional to compare a person’s ECG through time. And detect subtle changes between the recordings. Peter van Dam, co-founder of ECG-Excellence
: “it’s our ambition and passion to save lives through enhanced ECG technology!”.
If you are interested in a bit of background on the underlying technology and what it can achieve please read this article
publised in the Journal of Electrocardiology in 2017
- The early detection of diseases such as Brugada, Arrhythmogenic Cardiomyopathy, Heart Failure , atherosclerosis (especially in female hearts) or cardiac diseases within the population of diabetes patients. Early detection often saves lives and reduces health care costs;
- The monitoring of the impact of cardiac surgery, the impact of taking medication/drugs/foods supplements and the impact of intense sports activities. And thus avoids unexpected strokes or death.
See our graphic video to learn more on our company and our innovative approach towards the electrocardiogram recording.
ECG-Excellence is not yet available in the market. Our company is continuing the development and test process. We are happy to collaborate with leading Universities in delivering the academic validation. At the moment we are conducting clinical studies together with leading academic institutes in which we use our technology We are also open to discuss partnerships with organisations which care about the health of their staff and are open to collaborate in the role of launching customer. Please contact us to discuss the options.
ECG-Excellence, founded by Hans Slijp, Peter van Dam and Eelco van Dam is a company building on the results of PEACS, a Dutch based medical technology company with a passion to save lives through enhanced ECG technology. The founders have their roots in medical science, medical technology, cardiac modelling and simulation. Click here to reach the Peacs website.
Leave your contact data below and we will keep you updated on our progress and results.